FIRE FIGHTING & RESCUE HELMETS
N5A New Yorker
Individually hand crafted, hand shaped, hand stitched, and hand trimmed to meet today’s standards. With over 170 years of experience to draw upon, Cairns manufactures a 100% leather helmet that sets the standard for traditional style helmets. The New Yorker helmet retains the same authentic look and quality that generations of firefighters have relied on. The durable handcrafted leather shell will last for years with minimum maintenance. And like all of today’s Cairns Fire Helmets, the New Yorker is made with the added protection necessary to meet modern standards of safety in the firefighting industry.
Cairns 1044 with Defender Visor, Standard Configuration, NFPA
- Tough, through color, DuraGlas® fiberglass and high-temp resin composite resists cracking and chipping
- Perfect combination of durability and performance in a lightweight design
- Innovative Defender Visor with a scratch- and thermal-resistant, slightly tinted Tuffshield lens. The Defender® Visor for MSA Cairns 1044 Traditional Helmets offers eye protection from dust, dirt, and grit. Sleek and attractive construction allows fast, easy raising and lowering of your goggle even with gloved hands.
- Three-position, rear-ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit
- Six-way overhead strap suspension system reduces shock transmission at the top of the helmet while providing a snug, comfortable fit
- Certified to meet NFPA 1971 Specifications, 2007 Edition for Structural Fire Fighting
- Available in Black, Red, White and Yellow
Cairns: 1010 Defender-Bourkes NFPA Combo Low profile and superior balance in a classic design. Cairns fire helmets have some of the lowest ride-heights in the market. Compare the crown clearance of the popular Cairns 1010 model, with its advanced thermal impact cap, to other traditional helmets. The distance from the inside of the Cairns 1010 shell to the suspension straps is less than 2-1/2 inches. Most competitive helmets, even those without an impact cap, are actually taller at more than 2-3/4 inches high. The difference in balance and wear-ability are readily apparent, especially when worn for long periods under the stressful conditions they’re designed for. You can count on these classic, traditional helmets to look good, stay comfortable, and perform dependably—providing the protection you need—for many years of hard use.
Certified to meet NFPA 1971 Specifications, 2007 Edition for Structural Fire
Available in Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Red, White and Yellow
Cairns 660C Metro w/ 4" Faceshield NFPA w/Faceshield. Standard Configuration: includes Flannel Cushion Liner, Nomex Earlaps and 4" Apec Faceshield. NFPA
Cairns 664 Invader w/ 4 Inch Faceshield, DeluxeDeluxe Configuration: Includes Leather Cushion Liner, Flannel Crown
Pad, PBI/Kevlar Earlaps and 4" Faceshield.
The 664 Invader is the latest helmet offering from the leader in firefighter head protection. It is a Modern style helmet, similar to the popular Metro 660C. It shares the same components as the 660C Metro except the shell is different. The 664 shell is made of through colored Duraglas while the 660 shell is made of the same Duraglas and is painted.
• Ultra tough, Duraglas composite material. Performs extremely well in a fire helmet design.
• Through color material. If the shell is scratched it will still show the original color. Only colors available are red, yellow, black and white.
• Use of non-painted shell. Provides rugged performance with a style some firefighters prefer.
• Water-based foam material. Will not burn or char unlike older foam versions.
• Tube-lock system is incorporated in the cap. This is part of the shock absorbing system to create a more protective fire helmet.
• Ease of Adjustment. Easy to adjust front adjustment tab. Simple three hold pin-lock adjustment tabs in the rear.
• Matte finish on the shell. Provides firefighters with the look they want with all of the features of the 660C.
• Low ride helmet design. Gives the wearer a better balanced helmet. The helmet has a lower center of gravity than the competition.
• All other 660C helmet accessories can be used on the 664. This creates a lower switching cost for a customer if they can use their current modern helmet parts.
• The 664 has full NFPA 1971-2000 approval. This helmet not only meets the standard but is designed and tested to go beyond it.